Top 10 Ways For You to Find a Trustworthy Moving Company
Retaining the professional services of a high quality mover will need a good deal of research from the consumer but the reward is great- a cost effective mover minus the stress. There are plenty of ways for you to determine a company to handle your move to a brand new location promptly and efficiently. Here are ten ways for you to find a mover that you can trust.
• Find a mover that has a local representation. Try to work with a company that is based locally or have their own local agent. Hire a professional mover that will do an ‘in home’ survey of the furniture, appliances and other items that you want to be moved. There are plenty of moving companies that you can find online and it would be best that you meet one of their agents or visit their physical location as well.
• You want to make sure that your moving company is legally licensed. If you are moving within the same state, then you might as well check your local state authorities. Find out who regulates moving businesses within your neighborhood. If you are relocating to another state, then you might as well check if the company is licensed by Federal Department of Transportation. Don’t easily take a company’s word for how good they are at what they do. Call a regulatory agency and see for yourself.
• Go ahead and check with the Better Business Bureau regarding unresolved complaints about a certain mover. They have this online database which will reveal complaints and other unresolved issues from CA movers,NJ movers and etc. A record at the bureau will show their satisfactory ratings and how they previously resolved complaints.
• Hire a domestic or international mover that carries appropriate insurance. Ask any of your shortlisted movers if they have workers’ compensation insurance. If in case you have doubts, you may also ask them for an insurance certificate. The insurance will protect if accidents happen in your location during the move.
• Make sure that the mover’s brick and mortar location truly exists. Beware of movers that don’t have physical addresses and business documents with them. It would also be nice to check out their facility. This can help you tell a little about the quality of service that they offer.
• Don’t just listen to sales individuals who put down the competition. A Packers and Movers Ludhiana professional moving company with a good reputation doesn’t need to knock out competition nor criticize to make them look good.
• Make sure you have a bid that is in line with what other companies are offering. Although it is critical that you get an affordable price for the move, don’t forget to keep a close watch on the lowest bids. They may be cutting cost that will harm you or add on charges later.
• Understanding the pricing system for moves. Charges for local moves are usually based on the time it takes to finish the move. Long distance moves in states are usually calculated based on the shipment weight.
• Secure the right moving paperwork. If you are moving from one state to another, get the following mandated documents from your Packers and Movers Ahmedabad moving company such as a written estimate for the total move in cost, table of measurements or a cube sheet that lists all the items you will be moving and an ‘order for service’ that is signed by the moving company.